Here are four big questions to ponder:
- What is the most pressing problem to solve? Why?
- Your biggest fear?
- Three global leaders who will set next decade’s course?
- Your most cherished value?
All four questions were asked of people attending Brainstorm 2006, including yours truly. Here are my answers:
- Reversing the trend of environmental degradation and moving to a new paradigm of consumption. Efforts to slow the decline only delay the inevitable and fail to acknowledge the growth of prosperity-driven consumption — not necessarily a bad thing — across the globe. e need to establish new ways of creating and supporting prosperity that enable growth without destruction.
- Our seeming inability to prevent genocidal behavior.
- John McCain, Hugo Chavez, Linus Torvalds